Monday, September 1, 2014

Introduction of Myself

This post is an introduction of myself so what better to start it with than my name? My name is Mike Eilerman and I'm from the West Side of Cincinnati. If there's anything to know about Cincinnati that one won't find in a textbook it's that: West-siders and East-siders don't get along, it's the biggest small town you'll find in which everybody has a connection to everybody one way or another, and lastly, if someone asks what school you went to they're not interested in your college alma mater. 
When one thinks of places that care more about high school football more than anyone else in the country, Texas comes to mind, and maybe Florida, but I can guarantee Ohio is right up there with them. I played football at Elder High School, listed in USA Today as one of the top 10 places to watch a high school football game. We were given this title because in very few places will you find a 10,000 seat stadium sell out week in and week out. My experience playing football there played an integral role in shaping who I am today.
High School is over, as fun as it was, I'm entering the new chapter of my life at UK. I'm here because I grew up a UK fan, it has always been my number one choice. The song I chose for the icebreaker was "My Kinda Party" by Jason Aldean, which is seemingly the most meaningless in the class, but I suggest otherwise. Both senior year and college are no easy tasks to keep up with, one "works all week, cleaned up, clean cut, and clean shaved" (first lyrics in the song) and then one just wants to cut loose on the weekend, and that's what I did. Some of my most everlasting memories were made in 2014 during all of the shenanigans we pulled. But this song also holds a deeper meaning other than symbolizing all the fun I had.
I started playing the guitar in 2014, learning songs and getting better until I felt I was good enough to play live. The time comes when I finally get the guts to get up and play at a bar, and I closed with that song. Everybody loved it, so now it is bar none my favorite to play. It just has such a good vibe to it.
There's not much more about me to tell in an introduction essay. I like country music ie. my song selection. My goal is to just keep the streak going of getting all my stuff done and still being able to cut loose on the weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment